Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 805 horn dual throat adapters?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    The 803 and 805 are for use with one driver.

    You will still need adapter.

    Please see chart below.

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...pro/page_9.jpg

    .......................................

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    805 horn dual throat adapters?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I think convergence is 100% correct. If you want 2 drivers you have to go to the 1005 multicell.

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member misterdwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2004
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Here is a simple question:
    Did Altec ever make a dual throat adapters for the 803 or 805 large format horns?

    I've searched the forum and browsed the Lansening Hertige site and have seen no refrences to any.
    It is probably overkill in a domestic situation but, I'm interested in getting a set if they are available.

    thanks Dwayne

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    805 horn dual throat adapters?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just looking at the 176 pound 1803.

    Let's see, add a pair of 288G at 30 odd pounds each- My poor back! forums

    If anyone asks why multicells are not used for touring...

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Apparently this was always the case; read the text of this Altec Lansing catalog from 1943...

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...943/page08.jpg

    Basically the same story in the Lansing bulletin from 1936...

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...lletins/6b.jpg

  6. #6
    Hostboard Member misterdwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2004
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the replies.
    Alas, I had a feeling that dual throats for these horns didn't exist. I have the 805B and extra drivers. I'll have to be content with using what I have,... for now.
    Keep on Tweakin'
    Dwayne

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's some inspiration for a possible 16-to-1 DIY adapter (see photo # 15) at;

    http://www.leesound.com/bw_photos/page2.htm

  8. #8
    Hostboard Member Tranquil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dwayne I left you a PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member
    805 horn dual throat adapters?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Just for info there are dual 1 inch to 1.4 adapters. Not saying good or bad, just saying they exist.

    I know Paudio made one, their website is down. I know they are still in business, not sure what happened.

  10. #10
    Hostboard Member Tranquil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dual throat adapters on ebay i'm not sure these will work for you.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.